We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described. This document describes how we collect, hold and process your personal data. It also explains your rights relating to your personal data.
Information About Us
Think Research Ltd is registered in England with registration number 5073914
Suite 3, Branksome Park House,
Bourne Valley Road,
VAT Number: 841 778 596
Telephone: +44 (0) 01202 765 654
What Personal Data Do We Collect, And When?
We collect personal data when you submit a form on our website, when we meet in person, when you email us and/or when you telephone us. We may ask you for some or all of the following:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Business name
We may also use unique identifiers in cookies when you browse our website.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR we must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. This lawful basis may be because the data is necessary for performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. We will use your data for the following purposes:
- To respond to any enquiries, you submit either in person, via email, telephone or a form on our website.
- To supply our services. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- To email you news and offers that you have opted in to. Each of these emails contains an unsubscribe link which you may click at any time to opt out of future emails.
For How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The length of time we keep your personal data will vary depending on the purpose for which it was collected:
- Where you have contacted us but not entered into a contract with us, your data will be kept for 5 years after the last date of contact.
- Where you have entered into a contract with us, your data will be kept for 7 years after the termination of the contract or 5 years after the last date of contact, whichever is later.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
- We store your data on our servers in the UK. We may also store your data in and transfer it to and from our cloud service providers in the UK, EU and US.
- Any printed paperwork containing personal data will be stored securely in our offices.
Rights of the data subject
At any point that we store, process or collect your data, you have the following rights as the data subject:
- Right to be informed- you have the right to be informed about how we, collect, use and store your information.
- Right of access –you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification –you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten –in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from all of our records.
- Right to restriction of processing –you have a right to object the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right of portability –you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation or retained and re-used for your own purpose across different services.
- Right to complain- you have the right to complain to the information commissioner.
- Right to object –you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling –you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your data in the following ways:
- With our cloud storage providers when storing and backing up our data
- With our accountants and lawyers where there is a legitimate business requirement to do so
- With legitimate business contacts for the fulfilment of a contract
- If you opt in to marketing emails, with our providers of email marketing services
- We may also share your details if legally compelled to do so by a regulator or lawful authority.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
You can contact us to request details and a copy of any personal data we hold. This is called a “subject access request”. You can do this using the contact details below.
There is normally no charge for a subject access request, though if your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (such as making repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administration costs.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions about how we collect, use, or store your personal data please contact us using any of the following details:
Telephone: +44 (0) 01202 765 654
Post: Think Research Ltd, 3 Branksome Park House, Bourne Valley Rd, Poole, England, BH12 1ED
From time to time we may need to change this privacy notice, for example if the law changes or if we change our business practices in a way that affects personal data.