Data Controller Details
Think Research Ltd is registered in England with registration number 5073914
Suite 3, Branksome Park House,
Bourne Valley Road,
VAT Number: 841 778 596
Telephone: +44 (0) 01202 765 654
Rights of the Data Subject
At any point that we store, process or collect your data, you have the following rights as the data subject:
- Right to be informed-you have the right to be informed about how we, collect, use and store your information.
- Right of access –you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification –you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten –in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from all of our records.
- Right to restriction of processing –you have a right to object the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right of portability –you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation or retained and re-used for your own purpose across different services.
- Right to complain-you have the right to complain to the information commissioner.
- Right to object –you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling –you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
What data we will collect and how
If you apply for a job with us then we may need to hold different types of information, including your personal details (such as name, age, email address, date of birth, home address, marital status, gender, phone number and your right to work in the UK etc) and also information about your employment history, skills and experiences, references etc and all other details included on your CV and Cover Letter.
We may collect this data from your application (CV and Cover letter) submitted via;
- Our careers page email address
- A direct application made via email
- An application made via a 3rd party recruitment site that we may use (such as LinkedIn, Indeed, Total Jobs etc)
- An application made via a recruitment agency
- A paper copy application received in person at a recruitment fair or event/ exhibition or by post.
Please note that if selected for an interview either in person or via Skype/ telephone then the interviewer may also collect data about you during the interview.
As stated above in some cases we may also collect data from 3rd party sources such as recruitment agencies and also from applicants previous employers. Your data may be shared with your previous employers if your application is successful in order to gain the necessary references.
Why we need to collect this data
We collect and process your data to enable us to carry our legitimate interests of the business in order to make decisions about who to offer employment to at Think Research Ltd.
Your personal data will not be used for any other reason other than the ways detailed in this document. Please note that we will not pass your data onto a third party for marketing purposes or will we use your data for our own marketing purposes unless you have given us the necessary consent to do so (e.g. you have signed up to our newsletter via the sign up link on our website or at an event or exhibition).
We need to collect the types of data detailed above as part of the recruitment process. You are under no obligation to provide us with your details, if these are not provided however then please be aware that we may not be able to process your application any further.
How we store your information
- We store your data in and transfer it to and from our cloud service providers in the UK, EU and US.
- Any printed paperwork containing personal data will be stored securely in our offices in the UK.
Do we share your personal data?
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your data in the following ways in relation to your application:
- Your CV, Cover Letter and any other details submitted together with your application will be shared with the appropriate people within the organisation who are making the decision regarding the appointment. This may include the Managing Director, Directors, Marketing Manager and also the responsible people in the particular department that we are recruiting for.
How long we will keep your data for
In line with GDPR we will only keep your data for as long as we need it. This will vary depending on whether your application has been successful or not and whether you have been offered employment.
If your application is unsuccessful and we do not have the appropriate consent from you to keep your data for future job vacancies then we will keep your details on file for a period of 12 months after the date of your application. At the end of this 12 month period we will delete and destroy all your data (electronic & paper copies). You can however request for this information to be deleted sooner by contacting us at Think Research Ltd, Suite 3, Branksome Park House, Bourne Valley Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 1ED.
If you have sent your CV and Cover Letter to us on a speculative basis at a time when we are not recruiting then we will let you know that this is the case and will either delete all of your data or will contact you to ask for your consent that we can keep your data on file for when we are looking to recruit again. In this instance we would keep your data for 12 months after your consent is given. If we would like to keep your details on file for future job opportunities then we will contact you and ask for your consent to do so. We will keep your data for a 12 month period after consent is given and we will get in contact with you if a suitable position arises within that 12 month period.
How can you access your personal data
You can contact us to request details and copy of any personal data we hold. This is called a “subject access request”. You can do this using the contact details below.
There is normally no charge for a subject access request, though if your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (such as making repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administration costs.
Where you have provided consent for us to keep your details on file for future job vacancies or have consented us to use your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Once we have received your request we will stop processing your data immediately without any consequence to you and delete all data, however, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where we have a legitimate reason for doing so. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details below.
If you have any questions about how we collect, use, or store your personal data please contact us using any of the following details:
Telephone: +44 (0) 01202 765 654
Post: Think Research Ltd, 3 Branksome Park House, Bourne Valley Rd, Poole, England, BH12 1ED
Making a complaint
If you think that we have breached your data protection rights in any way then you can make a complaint to the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/.